Sunday, May 24, 2009

Tag_the_system

This is pretty much a continuation of my post yesterday. This should be the last post of graffiti from Tokyo. Enjoy!












On a side note, I almost bought this bike. Vintage was the name of the game in Harajuku. It was insane seeing all this classic Americana inspired fashion and design in this area. It's really awesome how inspired the Japanese culture is with what we would consider to be typical. I never thought for one minute that I would go into a shop and see a pair of vintage adidas kicks from the 70's selling for $700. I didn't expect to see that let alone somebody actually contemplating the buy. But that's really what is cool about the fashion scene in Tokyo. Little shops like that can strive and actually make a prophet. Try doing something like that here and you'll be lucky to see your business last 6 months. It makes me want to go to the nearest thrift store, buy up the whole lot and start a new life in Japan...

Anyway, the inspiration continues. A quick preview of coming attractions.

No comments: