Saturday, May 23, 2009

Graphics and Bikes_tokyo part 2

It's funny how a whole country can be completely immersed in design. I was looking through my pictures again today and noticed that 60% of them were of graphics alone. I could blame that on the fact that I'm a designer by trade but I have a hard time believing that I'm the only one who does that. From the motorcycle graphics to back alley graffiti it seemed that design was considered across the board. Good thing too because now I have tons of ideas for upcoming paintings and sculptures based off of these new found treasures.










Gotta take the good with the bad though I guess. This week at work was torrential. I guess that's the price you pay for taking 2 weeks off. I did manage to get another mock up of a potential poster or color scheme for paintings. I've been studying a few artists recently and I'm starting to like some of the directions that these are moving in. I still have some work to do on them like addressing better typography/detailing but hey it's a start!




I'm not even though a quarter of my pics from Japan yet let alone the shots of Seoul that I took. I'll get to those soon. Enjoy!

-Bolinski out

No comments: